Mobile Crisis Outreach (MCO)
The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team
Crisis Services: Around-the-Clock, 365-days-a year
for children, adults and families.
It can be accessed by calling the Crisis Line at:
(218) 828-HELP (4357) or 1-800-462-5525
Mental health mobile crisis response teams are composed of mental health professionals and practitioners who can effectively and appropriately intervene in a mental health crisis. These professionals can meet a person at home, school, work or wherever a crisis occurs.
• Crisis Assessment - A face-to-face mental health evaluation of any immediate need for emergency services
• Crisis Intervention – an intensive service initiated during a mental health crisis to assist the person to utilize available resources and begin to stabilize the crisis
• Crisis Stabilization - services designed to restore the person to a stable level of mental health functioning
• Rapid Access Psychiatry – Arrangement for psychiatric appointment within 72 hours
• Next Day Outpatient Appointment – A “next-day” appointment in one of the Northern Pines Mental Health Center offices
• Referral to appropriate professional programs and services, such as ARMHS, ACT, ICTS, TCM, CTSS
• County Social Services – Financial support, mental health case management